Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CRETE!

Greetings everyone! I just got back from Crete yesterday. All I can say is that I had an AMAZING time and I can't wait to go back with Mom & Dad in a month! It was really cool to be there for Greek Easter. My friend Jess & I watched the 'funeral' procession from our balcony on Friday night, then went to the church on Saturday night to watch everyone light their candles with the holy flame. At midnight, when it was technically Easter, fireworks and firecrackers started going off, everyone started telling their loved ones "Christos Anesti" (Christ has risen), and an effigy of Judas that was hanging from a noose was lit on fire. It was all quite theatrical and very interesting to witness! We did a lot during our time in Crete (it was great because we rented a car) and I don't really feel like going into detail, so I'll just say really quick that we visited Knossos, we went to pretty beaches, we visited 2 monasteries, we saw goats on the mountains, we drove to Iraklion, we went clubbing in Chania, and we went out on a glass-bottom boat. Oh yeah and we ate some seriously good food. Check out more pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Marilynflo/Crete?authkey=OJZl9BsaH0M
(Titi check them out, there's one there I took just for you... you wanted food, right?? Hehehe...)


































1 comment:

titiA said...

GROSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!